Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Let the good times roll

Can I just say that Summer two-zero-one-one has been amazing! I have loved practically every minute of it....yeah there have been a few bumps along the way, but who doesn't have those? I just put my smiler on and kept it real.

This past week I had loads of fun! I worked my shifts at the good ole True Value and at the ELC. They both keep me busy with random things, but when it all comes down to it, I love serving people. I love that feeling I get when a person comes into the store desperately needing help finding something and a light clicks on and I know exactly where to take them. I also love it when people call the help desk searching for help and I am able to walk them through the problem. To put icing on the cake, after I am done helping and I wish them a good day, when they say it back to me and really mean it I am deeply touched. It is these small and simple moments that remind me why I am in the customer service business.

After I got done with work and with our weekly softball games....we lost both of our games this week :( But with Ryan's great tutelage, I was able to crank a few hits past the infield. It is going to take a lot of work but I decided that I'm in this for the long run, so why not improve my skills? I know I've already said this, but getting together with friends and family, sure make Thursdays a fun night! Jessica has been hiding her light under a bushel for awhile....we found out she plays softball! So we have already recruited her for next year.

Friday came and it became Idaho Road Trip Time! After what seemed like a brazilian years, we left home and headed north...to Alaska...ha jk....we headed to Idaho Falls. It was a fun ride complete with jam sessions, Dawson's Creek, sleeping...well Daezia slept, talking, eating, laughing, fights....and everything else that goes with traveling in a car for hours on end.

We got to the farm and were instantly engrossed in hugs, hi, smiles, and hey didn't I see you like a month ago? After we said our hellos, we headed to Bethia's Beauty Boutique. We got to visit with family as well as get beautified! I got my nails done by the amazing Brittany. I love our great chats and I especially like getting my nails done because it makes me feel extra pretty. We went well into the early morning, but it was all worth it...I could spend years in that place and not regret one bit of it.

The next morning we all got dolled up for the double wedding! I was able to do Teresa, Lillie, Kendra, Mom, and Nish's hair. Everyone was amazed by my skills. Kendra was adamant that I could NOT curl hair with a straightener and that her hair would NOT hold a curl. I proved her wrong and she ended up with her hair curled and looked beautiful.

With all of the weddings going on in my life and seeing how I haven't taken my endowments out....I decided to get a recommend to do baptisms. I hated being left behind while the adults got to go to the temple, so rather than just waiting around the temple grounds, I went and did baptisms. It was a wonderful experience and I made it out just in time to meet everyone else coming out of the temple.

I am so happy for Mitch and Beth!! Emily and Beth looked stunning in their dresses. Mitch and Derek looked very handsome in their tuxes. It was an amazing experience to see the love both of these couples have.

After that we went and ate with Aunt Diane and Bethia at Perkins....probably my favorite Idaho restaurant now. We had fun chatting and getting caught up with each others lives. Then we headed across the street to the reception. It was fun seeing everyone support Mitch and Beth as well as eat some yummy food.

The party didn't stop once the reception was over....we went back to the farm...a whole hop and skip over the road and partied it up. We played some intense volleyball...where I was able to get more acquainted with "the cool couple." Daniel and Coltin strutted up to the court and volunteered to be on mine and Nisha's team. Those games we played seriously had some of THE funniest moments of my life! Those guys kept us laughing all night! Granted I didn't play as well as I should have...because I was laughing so much...but oh well. I gave them great fuel for generating jokes.

Once we got done playing, we all headed inside for some family talk. There are constantly at least 5 different conversations going on all at once in one room. I was a wee bit tired from the long day so I just sat and listened to mom, Daniel, and Coltin's conversation. Then Nish and I played our favorite game....who's your favorite. It was a great time.

All in all, this road trip to Idaho was definitely a great one. I have decided that when I finally move up to Logan, I will definitely make the two hour trip to IDF probably every other weekend...ha as my funds will allow. I can't wait! Till next time Judys!

1 comment:

  1. Kait, did you know that you're one of my favorites?! I just love you so much! I'm so glad I bummed a ride to Idaho with you - it was an epic road trip. We'll have to do it again sometime :)

    ReplyDelete