Well guess what....I went to another wedding! Shocker right? I was able to make a road trip to the good ole Wayne County to visit Dallon's fam. I got to spend most of the day with Mike and Sharon running errands. Shopping isn't my cup of tea but I tried my hardest to be patient throughout the entire extravaganza and to my surprise Mike rewarded me with a candy bar! hahaha I sure do love that Michael Scott. When I went to pick out my candy bar be insisted that I get a king size one, because I was THAT good. And who can pass up a free candy bar? Surely not I sir!
After going to a few stores we met up with Shanda and Maddix. We then headed to Gavin and Stephanie's reception. It was a beautiful set up in a gorgeous backyard. Everyone looked stunning in the line and I enjoyed the warm hugs from some of my most favorite people of the W.C. I'm not a hater of all the weddings I've been to. I absolutely love seeing the happy couples and their families.
Once we got done visiting, and by we I mean I.... had to catch up with all of my peeps real quick, we headed back to Fremont. I got a front row ticket to the Maddix Show. It was a riot. She is such a cutie.
When we got back to the Durfey residence I changed the dressing on my softball wound....my failed attempt at sliding during our last game. (I wasn't even safe so it wasn't worth it...but we did win the game so it wasn't all in vain.) Then we watched some tv and headed to bed. I was awaken by Darci yelling...Kait, I'm home! I sure do love that girl. We had a great chat about life and of course she kept me laughing through it all. She also introduced me to a funny show called Rita Rocks. Pretty sure I'm gonna start watchin this on Netflix.
It was a great vacation but had to come to an end bright and early this morning because I had to get to work in Cedar. So here I sit, typing away in the library. I can't help but to think about how grateful I am for the relationships I have with the wonderful people of Wayne County. I always feel the warmth and love every time I visit. And Michael semi-threatened me that I had to visit again soon...and not just in September. I assured him I would make a couple more trips before then.
So what are my plans for the rest of the night you might be asking...well I'm going to another wedding. When a friend of mine asked how my summer was goin I replied, well it's going great! I work, sleep, go to a wedding and repeat. I love the life I live. Oh and Cross Country starts next week! I am excited for the new season and arranged for some pretty spectacular motivation speakers for camp. So I have that goin for me, which is nice :)
No comments:
Post a Comment