So as I sit here at home, planning out our lives for the next few months and it hit me. School starts in one month.....yikes! This summer has flown by it seems like, and yet it feels like years since we were going to school and living in Cedar. We're both very excited to see what this new semester has in store for us at Utah State. I will begin the first of hopefully my last four semesters. I have a whopping 17 credit lineup and am ready to finish up my degree in Family and Consumer Science Education. Dallon will have his plate full as well with 15 credits studying Bio-Chemistry. Logan has been very good to us so far and we are excited to jump into the aggie lifestyle.
This summer has been full of road trips which mainly involve weddings. Dallon has been such a trooper through all of them. Every time we attend a wedding or reception it takes me back to our wedding and it makes me feel so grateful to have Dallon by my side. The most recent one we attended was my beautiful cousin Brittany's and her spouse Mark. She was such a gorgeous bride! I'm glad we got to spend their special day with them. It was fun catching up with the Idaho fam.
Just recently we were able to have my family come for a visit. They came to see our humble abode and we hosted our first birthday party in Logan. Akaydeh turned 10 this year so I made a cake for her party, then the next morning we had a grand breakfast party. It was fun having my family gather under our roof.
We also had the opportunity to take a couple of tours in Salt Lake. We went to the conference center and had a complete tour. It is such an amazing building!! All of the paintings, sculptures, architecture, landscape, fountains, and tour guides really made it quite the experience. We also had a tour of Brigham Young's house, where one of our tour guides was from Brazil so Dallon got to brush up on his Portuguese! I always love hearing him talk in Portuguese, it reminds me of his hard work and dedication he lived by while on the mish.
Other than that we're pretty much boring. However, I find it interesting that every day I go out to get the mail I swear to you that we get a wedding announcement every day, if not every other day. It seems crazy to me, but what can ya do?
Til next time.....
No comments:
Post a Comment