Thursday, August 16, 2012

Official Aggies


Well folks, it looks like that summer is about to be over, yesterday marked the last day to have student fees and tuition paid off, (or else one would lose their classes.) Luckily we were fortunate enough to get all of this taken care of and we are set for the upcoming school semester. We are official Aggies now because we finally got our student id cards...which are pretty fancy if ya ask me. Campus kind of overwhelms us, but we're getting the hang of it. We also took our first stroll up the Old Main Hill....what a doozie! Hopefully it gets easier to climb with time. 

We also finally made the trip to Bear Lake! I had no idea that it was in RICH county....who knew?? It was a beautiful scenic route and we finally got to our destination, North Shore around 11. The water was chilly, but we got used to it after a minute. It was incredible to see the turquoise colored water! And to add to that, it was HUGE! To tell ya the truth, it looked like an ocean for awhile. We swam around a bit and Dallon had me laughing out loud numerous times. First when he was "walking in place" and then when he walked like a crab. There is NEVER a dull moment with him, ever, even if there's a fire! We are constantly laughing and I absolutely love being married to him.

Anywho, I finally got a job! I am a hostess at Kabuki, a Japanese Steakhouse. It was intense at first, but I'm catching on a little at a time. I love to meet new people every time I work and the people I work with are pretty chill. I also start my other job tomorrow, as a high school volleyball official. I am intrigued to see how things are run up here. I went to one meeting already and have my first match tomorrow at Northridge, a junior varsity tournament. Dallon is still working at West Liberty. It has been quite the experience for him and he's loved meeting new people. 

Well, that just about sums it up for the Durfeys. We're keeping it real in Cache Valley. Chao. 

No comments:

Post a Comment