On May 3rd, I graduated with my Bachelor's Degree in Family and Consumer Science Education, Magna Cum Laude. (Dalaki also graduated this same weekend with his Bachelor's degree in Communication). This has been a long time coming, but I am so very blessed to have completed my degree. I couldn't have asked for a better support system for the past six years. I had a great cheerleader section at my graduation and glowed with utmost happiness up on stage. Mike, Sharon, Shanda, Luxi, Maddix, Krista, Derek, and Navy rounded out the Durfey side. Shelley Mom, Nish, Dalaki, Koda, Mandi, Daezia, and Kam rounded out the Livingston/Spaulding side. We were so grateful they could all come to celebrate with us! (Stay tuned for more grad pictures)It is kind of surreal as I think about what the future has in store. All I've known for the past six years is being a student. It is crazy to think that I will have a 'grown up' job come August. Now that I have finished my degree, I can't help but think of all the things I will miss. I will miss my fellow graduates and hope to continue rubbing shoulders with them in our future careers. They are a great bunch of people and I have loved getting to know them the past two years.
I will also miss seeing my partner in crime on campus every day. Dallon helped get me through the tough and stressful times that college brings. He was the voice at the end of the day encouraging me to keep on keeping on when I had had enough and wanted to give up. I am so grateful for his undying love and support.

After all of the graduation festivities, Nish agreed to let Kamdon stay with us for a few days. That kid is so funny! Dallon and I love all of our nieces and nephews. We love every opportunity to spend time with any of them and this wasn't any different. Kam had us laughing the entire time. We can't get over how smart he is and how much he LOVES to talk. He even told us all about COD. Our friends Colin and Sara came over for dinner and to play some COD. Dallon died at one point in the game and yelled out, "Are you serious?!" Kam didn't skip a beat and replied, "I'm serious! I'm good at this game!" He also explained over and over again that his school is his work.
May is a busy month, especially with track. Region track was rescheduled and so Dallon and I were not able to help in the booth. But on a positive note, The Chief, Daezia, Akaydeh, and Trex were able to come visit for the weekend. We love having visitors! We took them on a grand tour of the valley and took Dad to his favorite store, Al's Sporting Goods. We had a great time exploring, getting Aggie Ice Cream, playing racquetball, watching Mulan and Extreme Couponers, and chatting it up.
(Kin decided to have a photo shoot in their fort that they built. It was made out of a red blanket and umbrella)
After the meet got over, we had the opportunity to stay at Jim's house in Salem. We had a great time playing card/board games, ping pong, tennis, listening to his new car's sound system, and having intriguing conversations. We always have a fun time when we get together with Jim.
The third week of May, the docks were finally put out at the Benson Marina. We went with Colin and Sara to go night fishing after I got off work. We love it out in the great outdoors! It was a beautiful night, a sky full of stars, a light breeze, and some okay fishing. We caught a couple carp, and one pretty good sized catfish, which tasted delicious btw.
The next week brought some sad news. Colin and Sara told us that they would be moving to Oregon. I'm not going to lie, it was rough news to take. We have loved spending time with them the past year. Ever since they came to our house, the day that they met, we have considered them some of our very best friends. We are so sad to see them go, but wish them the best in their endeavors.
This past weekend was completely filled with family festivities. On Thursday we visited Krista, Derek, and Navy. Krista gave me eye lash extensions and did a wonderful job! There are somedays when I don't have the best confidence, and it is crazy just how much better I feel with these extensions. Navy is such a happy baby and Dallon had fun watching her while Krista worked on my eye lashes.
We then headed south to Milford for Daezia's High School Graduation. On the way down, I put the finishing touches on her t-shirt quilt that I have been working very diligently on the past couple of months. Daezia had quite a bit on her plate this weekend. She made the graduation slide show, was named the Valedictorian, gave a wonderful speech, and sang a solo! I felt so proud to be her sister. She did such a great job on all of her tasks and I am amazed by her courage and strength. There is no way that I could have sang by myself in front of all those people! She truly has a heart of gold and I know she is going to accomplish amazing things in her life. She is such an inspiration.
(I did EWWW -Nisha)
Our festivities did not stop there, on Saturday we had Tayleah's baptism. She was absolutely radiant in her gorgeous white dress. She insisted that I braid her hair into a side pony tail so that everyone could see just how long her hair is getting. Tears filled my eyes as I watched this strong and beautiful Child of God be baptized, when there was a time when we didn't even know if this day would come. I am so grateful for her example and for her sweet testimony.
On Sunday, Stockton Mitchell was blessed and Tayleah Reese was confirmed. Stockton was handsome in his white tux, and Tay was gorgeous in her fancy dress. Both were given beautiful prayers and I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by the spirit testifying that these ordinances are vital to being a member in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
While we were in Milford, we had a great time playing games (ie the name game and box of lies), watching youtube videos, getting brain freezes, cooking, eating, laughing, analyzing, singing, going on pop runs, as well as remembering those that have gone on before us. I always loved living in Milford because it felt like the party always came to us. Grandma and Grandpa Fisher always had a special connection with their offspring and I was fortunate enough to grow up right next to them. So when anyone ever came to visit them, we got to see them as well. It is a blessing I will always cherish. Having grown up and moved away, it still is wonderful to see family and friends gather in Milford to pay tribute to the ones that inspired them. I am so grateful for the family in which I was born into and will always cherish my time with my immediate and extended family.
Even though we are super busy, we can't help but feel overly grateful for the life that we live. We have been married a little over two years now and we couldn't be happier. We are so grateful to have wonderful families and awesome friends.







No comments:
Post a Comment