Tuesday, September 21, 2010

LOVE


This past week, the Fisher family said goodbye to a son, father, grandfather, uncle, brother, and friend, Michael K. Fisher. After a long battle with sickness, he passed through this life and on into the next, to join Grandma Beth, Uncle Rob, and many others. For his funeral services, my mother had the idea to sing a popular country song to pay our respects. I, along with Aunt Rhonda, Christie, Daezia, April, Rachel, Kiana, Nish, Dalene, and Shelley Mom, sang Temporary Home, accompanied by our concert pianist Melanie. As we sang this song my heart went out to my Uncle Mike's family, along with the rest of our family. I then was filled with the spirit, testifying of this amazing gospel. It testifies that death is not the end. I know that I will be able to live with my family FOREVER if I will do what is right. I am far from perfect, but perfection is not just about doing every little thing right, it is constant striving to be perfect. The love that I feel when I am in the presence of my family makes my testimony that much stronger. A lot of our family was able to come join in paying our respects to this amazing man; Oh how I have missed each and every one of them! (I also missed all of those that could not make it.) I wish we could get together more often, but I will take what I can get.

Moral of the story: I love my family, and I love the gospel.
The end.

4 comments:

  1. Yes I shed a tear in reading that as I have just lost my aunt a couple days ago. It is such a blessing for us to have the amazing knowledge we do! The church is SO true! love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well-said, Kait. Thanks for your beautiful pictures and words. We are so lucky to have the Gospel and such amazing family. I also wish we could see everyone more. Thanks so much for your strength, example, and friendship. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post. I agree on every account... every.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful song...and the message fits perfectly. Aren't we all glad we know what comes after!

    ReplyDelete