Monday, October 4, 2010

ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE

Today I would like to list things I am grateful for. As I sat listening to conference I was overwhelmed with so many feelings of gratitude. I know just posting this saying "thank you" to all of you who make my life wonderful will not be suffice, but it is a start. So here it goes...

First, I am so very grateful for my family. They are what keeps me going in this crazy life of mine. I know they will always be there for me, ALL WAYS! I am so grateful for the relationships I have with my parents and siblings. I look at families who aren't very close, and it makes me so much more grateful for my tight knit relationships I have with my family. I love them all so much! I also am grateful for the many examples and friends I have in my extended family. I love to get caught up with them each time we visit.


I am so grateful for my family in good ole Wayne County. There are too many to count, that have extended their loving arms to me and have accepted me for who I am. I am so grateful when I get the chance to have a get away weekend to my second home. It is the greatest!

I am so grateful for this gospel and for conference! I sat in awe as I listened to the many wonderful speakers who are instruments in our Father in Heaven's hands. I am so grateful for the beautiful hymns that were sung. These profound songs have brought so much peace and comfort into my crazy life.I am so grateful for this beautiful Earth that we are able to live on. I am so grateful for rain storms, sunshine, and everything in between!! I am so grateful for the mountains! Whenever I am having a hard time, I load up in my car and go for a drive up the canyon...what a great tender mercy that is!


I am so grateful for my brother and Savior Jesus Christ. I am grateful for his sacrifice. I am grateful that he chose to pay for my sins, sorrows, and pains. The Atonement is real, and I know that if I take that step of faith to use it, I can be clean again. I am so grateful for this knowledge! I know that I am far from perfect, but a quote that I really like states, "Being perfect doesn't mean doing everything right. Being perfect means to constantly strive to be perfect." So that is what I am going to do. Strive constantly to be that much better.

If you are reading this, thank you! Thank you for taking the time to catch up on what I've been doing in my busy life. Believe it or not, but at one time or another, you have influenced my life. Thank you for helping me become who I am today. Thank you for being my friend, sister, family, or acquaintance. :) You're the best!!

2 comments:

  1. No, Kait - THANK YOU! Thanks for this wonderful post. Thanks for the thanks. Thanks for all of your help, love, and support. Thanks for being my friend. And especially thanks for being such a great example. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so cute! Thank you dear Kait! By the way...that text you sent me yesterday with my picture made my day. A LOT! So thank you for being my friend even though we are many miles apart!

    ReplyDelete