Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The First Thanksgiving...well not really, but close!


This past Thanksgiving was one to remember. The tribe had the opportunity to go down to visit our Grandma Livingston in New Mexico. This usually ends up being about eight hours in a jam packed car...but with the weather bein' crazy, this trip took about eleven hours! That is a long time in a car! But there is never a dull moment with our family. We caravan-ed down in the good ole mini van and The Spauldwin's SUV...or whatever it is called.

We finally pulled into Coyote Canyon around 9pm. It was so great seeing Grandma! Every time we take a trip down there, I am humbled. I am truly blessed to live the life I have. (FYI-Grandma just got electricity a couple of years ago...gotta love the rez!) I also am so very grateful for Grandma's cookin'!! She makes the best stew and tortillas!

We woke up bright and early, thanks to the Spauldwin skids. (They have been sick and it makes me so sad :(, but they are champs and I love them so much!) We watched the Macy's Day Parade. My absolute favorite parts were the dancing penguins and the pizza dough flippers! haha!! It was great.

I spent most of my time crocheting....I know that sounds old lady, but oh well! I love to crochet! I finally finished my very first blanket! I started it right after Dallon left....ha...so I've had plenty of time to get it done...oh well...I finished! That is all that matters! I then started to make headbands for everyone. It was great.

Dinner was absolutely delicious! Grandma and Aunt Jalula did a wonderful job. As usual, I ate too much. But that is what Thanksgiving is all about, right? Kiana also made Jeep a pilgrim hat, so it was like the first Thanksgiving!! haha! We made him and my dad pose :)

I am so very grateful for every blessing I have in my life. Throughout the month of November, I put something I was thankful for each day on my facebook status. (Give me a break, I work in a computer lab;) So I won't go into great detail about my specifics of thanksgiving in my life...just read my latest posts, or hit me up on facebook :) I hope your Thanksgiving was a magical as mine was :)

1 comment:

  1. Granny Kait! We love her creations!!!!! Glad we all had a magical Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete