
Yesterday Kiana and I were able to have my cute niece, Tayleah Reese Spaulding, spend the night with us. She is such a fluppin cutie! Nish had to come over to run a few errands, and we insisted that she let Tay spend the night with us in good ole C-Town.
We had great fun talking, making jokes, watching movies, getting ice cream, and sleeping. Tay's spunky personality is so contagious! She keeps me on my toes...by reminding me what we can't say....:) i.e. hate, shut up, etc....(shhh! don't tell her I typed them) She also has THE cutest laugh! For as long as I can remember, she would crawl up onto my lap, raise up her arms and say, Kait, tickle me! How adorable is that?? So I would of course tickle her upon her requests :)
My world stopped last year in November when I couldn't tickle my Tayleah, because of the i.v's, stitches, nausea, etc. I would just have to sit and hold her tiny hand while I watched her go day in and day out of being sick. It broke my heart watching her go through the roller coaster of the tumor, cancer, chemo, shots, iv's, etc.
As I laid her down to sleep last night, (she had fallen asleep on me while watching a movie), I wrapped my arms around her small body and hugged her while tears fell from my eyes. I thanked my father in heaven for this moment. I thanked him for letting this cute and spirited angel continue to be in my life. I thanked him for healing her so she can once again climb into my lap and plead, tickle me Kait. I thanked him for Primary Children's Hospital, because without it, neither one of us would have beem lying in my bed that night. I am so grateful for Tayleah Reese.
We had great fun talking, making jokes, watching movies, getting ice cream, and sleeping. Tay's spunky personality is so contagious! She keeps me on my toes...by reminding me what we can't say....:) i.e. hate, shut up, etc....(shhh! don't tell her I typed them) She also has THE cutest laugh! For as long as I can remember, she would crawl up onto my lap, raise up her arms and say, Kait, tickle me! How adorable is that?? So I would of course tickle her upon her requests :)
My world stopped last year in November when I couldn't tickle my Tayleah, because of the i.v's, stitches, nausea, etc. I would just have to sit and hold her tiny hand while I watched her go day in and day out of being sick. It broke my heart watching her go through the roller coaster of the tumor, cancer, chemo, shots, iv's, etc.
As I laid her down to sleep last night, (she had fallen asleep on me while watching a movie), I wrapped my arms around her small body and hugged her while tears fell from my eyes. I thanked my father in heaven for this moment. I thanked him for letting this cute and spirited angel continue to be in my life. I thanked him for healing her so she can once again climb into my lap and plead, tickle me Kait. I thanked him for Primary Children's Hospital, because without it, neither one of us would have beem lying in my bed that night. I am so grateful for Tayleah Reese.
I was not prepared for this one - as the tears sprang up. Your words and pictures are so beautiful. Every day I'm thankful for having her with us. I'm also thankful for the hospital which kept you both in my life. You are both such great blessings in my life - as is all our family. I love you, Kait. P.S. Thanks for taking Tay! She loved it and said her favorite part was getting ice cream AT NIGHT ;)
ReplyDelete