Wednesday, February 2, 2011

January Jollification

Just for any clarification, jollification is a word, it means jolly festivity, in case you were wondering. Anywho, here is a post dedicated to January 2011…..it was quite an eventful month, but overall, it was a GREAT month!

Kiana and I got invited to Abby’s birthday shindig and we decided to invite our parentals as well as Nish and Jeeps. We also got Dalaki to tag along as well. We traveled down to Mesquite to partake of the goodness at The Oasis….all you can eat seafood! It was so much fun eating, laughing, eating, and laughing some more. The Carter bunch is quite entertaining and we had a great time. The restaurant has murals of the ocean, so of course we had to get a sisters sea picture. Also, on the way to our car, Dalaki spotted this Pigeon Racing truck! He’s the pigeon, I’m the racer…

After we got done eating, we decided that we weren’t done with our time in Mesquite. So we hopped on over to the Virgin River to go bowling! Jeeps had a great night…getting FOUR strikes in a row! I also stepped up my game and beat Kiana…always a pleasure. We also were lucky enough to hit up cosmic bowling! It was amazing!

After the bowling fun, we still hadn’t had enough so we hit up the arcade. The Faj hit the jackpot on one of the games and got us a butt load of tickets! Dalaki also had skills on some Sonic the hedgehog game. Seeing how Kiana, Dalaki, and I have wised up a bit in our older years, we decided to put all of our tickets together and get pretty much everything we wanted. This was quite the accomplishment for all of us. When we were younger we would always go play at the arcade, but were too selfish and kept our own tickets and could barely get one prized possession. Not this time around! We were like little kids picking out each prize…weighing out the options…and of course, Kiana and Dalaki both asked for my permission before they made a purchase. It was seriously a childhood dream come true!! With every purchase, we all felt cooler.

We finally decided that we should hit the road and get back home. However, luck was not with us that night. We got TWO flat tires! Luckily, we were all together, and were able to make the best out of it. It was FREEZING while we waited, but the camo twins weren’t disheartened much by the cold. One of my personal faves of the night was a picture of me standing next to a reflector pole on the freeway. They look so much shorter when I’m driving by them at 80 MPH… I mean 75.


February is now upon us and I was able to start out with a great par-tay! It was Ashley’s birthday on the first, so we helped celebrate with some old roomies and new friends. We played spoons and got caught up with one another. It was so great spending some quality time with the ole roomies. They are all such great examples to me! I love them! Even if they are all married or engaged. They are awesome! Oh, and for some reason, on our way out, Kiana grabbed our remote and had it in her jacket until she noticed it at the party. So she slipped it into my purse when I wasn’t looking…she is such a little sphincter.


Today I was able to watch my lil cheerios cheer and Daezia’s basketball game! Aren’t they so adorable?? They get better with each performance….but hopefully they are getting all of that cheering out of their systems so once they get into high school they can focus on the real deal…sports.

That’s pretty much it for me this time. I am doing well here in Cedar. I keep busy with work, school, and crocheting. (I’ll have you know…I’ve sold roughly 12 hats at $10 a pop….slowly but surely I am on the road to savin up some money.) I am doing my best to keep a smile on my face….while deep down I really really don’t like school…but oh well. It will be over before I know it. Then I’ll have to be a real grown up. AHHH!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this whole post - very jolly indeed. The pictures are so great and tell such a great Mesquite story. I'm also a fan of the cheerio pictures :) I miss and love you lots! P.S. Your background is way cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part was when you said, "I love [my old roomies]! Even if they are all married or engaged."

    ReplyDelete