
Can I just say that March Madness is the most wonderful time of the year! It brings so much happiness into my life and I love it! So if you would just go with me I would like to rewind 21 years ago to when my amazing mother gave birth to me on March 6, 1990.
The first week of March is infamous because it is the 1A state basketball tournament and for those of you who know me oh so well, you know that I absolutely LOVE basketball! I like to think that I was born during this epic week and month because of my passion for the great sport.
As I grew up, I had the opportunity to go with my parents each year to the tournament because it was my birthday! It was during those years that I learned to loved this game. I loved the intensity each game brought. I loved being in the stands with hundreds of other fans cheering on the Milford Tigers as well as fellow Region 15 teams, some more than others ;) .
I practically counted down the days until I could be one of the elect to actually be on the court and play with a jersey of my own as a freshman. I worked hard everyday at practice and during the off season to become a better player. Although my short four years did not turn out like I had hoped for, I learned many life lessons. And now as I am going to college, I find great joy in traveling to the games to cheer on my little sister as well as our hard working Tigers. Some may find my passion a ridiculous obsession, but oh well! There is just something about hearing a basketball hitting a gym floor, or swishing through the net, that gets inside of me. I could watch or play basketball everyday of my life and be completely content! No joke! So this month of March is complete madness! It starts out with the state tournament and continues with my birthday, then the NCAA tournament! Hands down, March is my favorite month of the entire year! So for the rest of the month you will probably see me decked out in my basketball shorts, (weather permitting), t-shirt, and kicks that define me as a basketball junkie...don't judge! Just smile and wave :)
February came and went with many happy experiences. I got to spend a lot of time with my family and I loved it! I loved being able to spend quality time in a small vehicle traveling to countless games. I am so grateful for the love and relationships I have with each of my family members. I don't know where I would be without them.
I also was able to spend some quality time with my friends and my cousin Melanie! I went to Corinne's Bridal shower in BFE, aka West Jordan, and then Kiana and I partied with Mel the rest of the weekend. It was filled with games, that I mostly won, ice cream, talking, youtube, Grey's, church, Texas Roadhouse, and shopping! (I was in the mood to shop, who knew that would ever happen?!)
February was also filled with a lot of basketball tournaments....Region and State Girls, and Boy's Region. All had intense games that kept us gym rats entertained. Boy's state was good, but it did NOT turn out like I had hoped, and I went into a funk for quite some time, but bounced back just in time for March Madness to start up again.
So yeah, I am doing great and loving life! I am keeping busy with work, school, and more school. I also just got hooked on a new show on ABC Family....

Make it or break it. It is AMAZING! I may or may not want to marry Damon Young...

so sue me! If you haven't watched it I highly recommend you start. And if you have...why haven't we analyzed it together yet? Until next time...stay excellent!
The first week of March is infamous because it is the 1A state basketball tournament and for those of you who know me oh so well, you know that I absolutely LOVE basketball! I like to think that I was born during this epic week and month because of my passion for the great sport.
As I grew up, I had the opportunity to go with my parents each year to the tournament because it was my birthday! It was during those years that I learned to loved this game. I loved the intensity each game brought. I loved being in the stands with hundreds of other fans cheering on the Milford Tigers as well as fellow Region 15 teams, some more than others ;) .
I practically counted down the days until I could be one of the elect to actually be on the court and play with a jersey of my own as a freshman. I worked hard everyday at practice and during the off season to become a better player. Although my short four years did not turn out like I had hoped for, I learned many life lessons. And now as I am going to college, I find great joy in traveling to the games to cheer on my little sister as well as our hard working Tigers. Some may find my passion a ridiculous obsession, but oh well! There is just something about hearing a basketball hitting a gym floor, or swishing through the net, that gets inside of me. I could watch or play basketball everyday of my life and be completely content! No joke! So this month of March is complete madness! It starts out with the state tournament and continues with my birthday, then the NCAA tournament! Hands down, March is my favorite month of the entire year! So for the rest of the month you will probably see me decked out in my basketball shorts, (weather permitting), t-shirt, and kicks that define me as a basketball junkie...don't judge! Just smile and wave :)
February came and went with many happy experiences. I got to spend a lot of time with my family and I loved it! I loved being able to spend quality time in a small vehicle traveling to countless games. I am so grateful for the love and relationships I have with each of my family members. I don't know where I would be without them.
I also was able to spend some quality time with my friends and my cousin Melanie! I went to Corinne's Bridal shower in BFE, aka West Jordan, and then Kiana and I partied with Mel the rest of the weekend. It was filled with games, that I mostly won, ice cream, talking, youtube, Grey's, church, Texas Roadhouse, and shopping! (I was in the mood to shop, who knew that would ever happen?!)
February was also filled with a lot of basketball tournaments....Region and State Girls, and Boy's Region. All had intense games that kept us gym rats entertained. Boy's state was good, but it did NOT turn out like I had hoped, and I went into a funk for quite some time, but bounced back just in time for March Madness to start up again.
So yeah, I am doing great and loving life! I am keeping busy with work, school, and more school. I also just got hooked on a new show on ABC Family....

Make it or break it. It is AMAZING! I may or may not want to marry Damon Young...

so sue me! If you haven't watched it I highly recommend you start. And if you have...why haven't we analyzed it together yet? Until next time...stay excellent!
Oh, Kait, I'm pretty sure we are all addicted to basketball - and that's ok :) I love this post. It gave me cold chills. Plus, I always love a shout out to "Make it or Break It." Wish we could have watched it more... maybe this summer. Thanks so much for a such a fun week. I miss you guys so much! Good luck with school and work, though, and I'll see you soon :)
ReplyDelete