Oh man alive! Can I just say that these last few days have been super crazy in the life of Kaitlin Montanna Livingston! It all started when I made the decision to make a quick trip to my academic adviser to help decide what I would be doing for the summer. The last time I went in to talk to her I felt really sad and frustrated because she said there was slim chance of obtaining my degree here at SUU. I was practically crying and luckily she was super nice and told me she would talk to a few people and see what she could figure out. I left feeling hopeful and optimistic but still a little sad that my life long hopes and dreams of graduating from SUU might not happen. But this time I went into her office was a little different.
I waited in line to talk to her. When it was my turn to go in she said she had talked to her people and as it turns out there was no way that I could finish my degree here at SUU. It was weird, at that moment I felt so calm and relaxed. I then said words that I had never thought before, "So I will take the few classes I can here and then transfer to Utah State." Those words came out of my mouth and I just remember feeling so very calm about the whole situation and I left feeling confident that everything would be okay.
The rest of the day I just knew that things would work out and the words of a familiar hymn came to my mind, "I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord." I then broke the news to my family via-text because I didn't trust my voice and then to my facebook friends. With each comment I just knew I was doing the right thing and that the Lord would bless me. However, as I have learned throughout my life, change is constant.
I woke up the next day feeling doubtful, nervous, sad, distraught, and everything else you can think of. All of the possibilities weighed my mind throughout the day. I would think of my future plans and that would make me think of something else, and it just all hit me so very hard.
But I still had classes that I had to attend. I completely choked on a major chemistry quiz, then in my culinary arts class I felt stressed for the lab that would follow. A bread lab that would take a long time to complete, and to add to my stress level, Kiana and I decided to throw a surprise party for Dalaki.
For those of you that know me well, you know that I CANNOT lie. I simply suck at it! So every time I would see Dalaki it would take everything in me not to tell him about the people that were coming and everything. It stressed me out! But it was all worth it in the end. Even after a delayed arrival time that was caused by his dumb dance teacher, we were still able to have a great time, which helped ease most of my stress. But yet again, all those feelings of doubt and confusion crept into my mind the following day.
Seeing how I am now the big two-one, I had to renew my license and let me tell you, the lady at the office was NOT very friendly. But what can ya do? I DO NOT envy her job. Also, I found out another office was closed so that made me mad because I went out of my way to find it out in BFE. So needless to say Wednesday did not provide me with anymore comfort. Except the wonderful hour I went to institute where we talked about preparing for General Conference and I am looking forward to it because I have many important decisions to be made.
I then made a trip to Milford to help with track practice. It was nice being able to see my family and vent to them about the frustrations I was having. Nish gave me some ideas and some advice which helped out a ton. And I made a quick stop to see the kiddos. Man are they adorable!! They bring so much happiness into my life. But then I had to go back to Cedar and go back to reality.
Bad thing after bad thing just keeps happening and I just want to give up. But then I have to remember, all things in life that are worthwhile don't come easy. So that is why I have chosen to transfer to Utah State. I know that I am studying the field that I am supposed to being studying. I have prayed and prayed about this decision and the confirmation reoccurs with each prayer. I want to be a teacher, I want to be like Grandpa Fisher and make a difference in people's life and so that is what I am going to do. So this will be my last semester at SUU. (Don't worry, I will ALWAYS bleed red! Even if I am an Aggie.) Even though leaving Cedar will be indescribably hard for me, I know that it is what I am supposed to do. I still have so many details to work out, but I just know that I don't have to do this on my own. I have my family, my friends, and most importantly I have my Savior's grace to get me through this challenging time. Once I know more about when I will move and exactly what my plans will be I will definitely let everyone know. But thank you all for your thoughts and concerns. A quote I found that helps explain all of this craziness is:
"If God sends us on strong paths, we are provided strong shoes."
Oh and another thing getting me through this stressful day....JIMMER TIME tonight. Thank you basketball for yet again providing me with solace.
I waited in line to talk to her. When it was my turn to go in she said she had talked to her people and as it turns out there was no way that I could finish my degree here at SUU. It was weird, at that moment I felt so calm and relaxed. I then said words that I had never thought before, "So I will take the few classes I can here and then transfer to Utah State." Those words came out of my mouth and I just remember feeling so very calm about the whole situation and I left feeling confident that everything would be okay.
The rest of the day I just knew that things would work out and the words of a familiar hymn came to my mind, "I'll go where you want me to go dear Lord." I then broke the news to my family via-text because I didn't trust my voice and then to my facebook friends. With each comment I just knew I was doing the right thing and that the Lord would bless me. However, as I have learned throughout my life, change is constant.
I woke up the next day feeling doubtful, nervous, sad, distraught, and everything else you can think of. All of the possibilities weighed my mind throughout the day. I would think of my future plans and that would make me think of something else, and it just all hit me so very hard.
But I still had classes that I had to attend. I completely choked on a major chemistry quiz, then in my culinary arts class I felt stressed for the lab that would follow. A bread lab that would take a long time to complete, and to add to my stress level, Kiana and I decided to throw a surprise party for Dalaki.
For those of you that know me well, you know that I CANNOT lie. I simply suck at it! So every time I would see Dalaki it would take everything in me not to tell him about the people that were coming and everything. It stressed me out! But it was all worth it in the end. Even after a delayed arrival time that was caused by his dumb dance teacher, we were still able to have a great time, which helped ease most of my stress. But yet again, all those feelings of doubt and confusion crept into my mind the following day.
Seeing how I am now the big two-one, I had to renew my license and let me tell you, the lady at the office was NOT very friendly. But what can ya do? I DO NOT envy her job. Also, I found out another office was closed so that made me mad because I went out of my way to find it out in BFE. So needless to say Wednesday did not provide me with anymore comfort. Except the wonderful hour I went to institute where we talked about preparing for General Conference and I am looking forward to it because I have many important decisions to be made.
I then made a trip to Milford to help with track practice. It was nice being able to see my family and vent to them about the frustrations I was having. Nish gave me some ideas and some advice which helped out a ton. And I made a quick stop to see the kiddos. Man are they adorable!! They bring so much happiness into my life. But then I had to go back to Cedar and go back to reality.
Bad thing after bad thing just keeps happening and I just want to give up. But then I have to remember, all things in life that are worthwhile don't come easy. So that is why I have chosen to transfer to Utah State. I know that I am studying the field that I am supposed to being studying. I have prayed and prayed about this decision and the confirmation reoccurs with each prayer. I want to be a teacher, I want to be like Grandpa Fisher and make a difference in people's life and so that is what I am going to do. So this will be my last semester at SUU. (Don't worry, I will ALWAYS bleed red! Even if I am an Aggie.) Even though leaving Cedar will be indescribably hard for me, I know that it is what I am supposed to do. I still have so many details to work out, but I just know that I don't have to do this on my own. I have my family, my friends, and most importantly I have my Savior's grace to get me through this challenging time. Once I know more about when I will move and exactly what my plans will be I will definitely let everyone know. But thank you all for your thoughts and concerns. A quote I found that helps explain all of this craziness is:
"If God sends us on strong paths, we are provided strong shoes."
Oh and another thing getting me through this stressful day....JIMMER TIME tonight. Thank you basketball for yet again providing me with solace.
HOLY FREAKING COW!!!!!!! Jaime actually told me the news yesterday. I'm actually jealous of you. Who needs SUU - they suck! (Well they do in my book!) This is going to be hard right now, but once you get up there and going it's going to be cake and you are going to love it! Besides USU has a much better program than SUU, so you are going to come out a heck of a lot better than us SUU FCS ED grad's...if I get there...haha! Just know I'm way excited for you and this is going to be such a great adventure! Please blog about your life up there so I can live through you. Who knows I may have to join you. ;) This damn chemistry! Sheesh!
ReplyDeleteKait, you will be just fine! I have heard nothing but great and positive things about USU. You will love it! You will definitely be missed since you will live so far away, but I think it will be worth it for you! God knows exactly what you need, and where you need to be, obviously that's where you belong right now! Good luck friend! Let us know if you need anything for your transition!
ReplyDeleteAw Kaitlin you can survive anything! We will definitely miss you here in Cedar, but if you feel that Utah State is the right path for you, don't hesitate! Trust the Lord and you will never go wrong. :)
ReplyDeleteOh, Kait. You are so wise beyond your years, and I love so very much. I am also mad at SUU, but things happen for a reason. I'm just glad that you were able to be close for my crisis last year. I wish you all the luck in the world and can't wait til you get all things figured out. Good luck, and I'll see ya later for our picture time :)
ReplyDelete*tears* that's all.
ReplyDeleteI bawled to Jessika all night last night about it.