Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Vacation all I ever wanted....vacation.... had to get away

Snap back to reality.....

So...... I have had one of the greatest times this past week. Why you ask? I got to road trip up to Idaho and spend one crazy and fun filled week with my family. But before I get to that I'm gonna update all of you on my summer thus far.

I have been spending my time working at SUU in the computer labs....I only have three shifts a week and still work more than I did during the semester....I LOVE SUMMER :) When I am at work I find time to catch up on my crocheting, blog, facebook....write goals/journal...but what I have been doing lately is stumbling. What is stumbling you ask? It is THE best website you will EVER use. My cute friend and co-worker Madison showed me a couple of weeks ago this amazing site. It is called stumbleupon.com. It is simple to use and it sure makes the time fly by!! All you have to do is sign up....usually through facebook...and click on your interests, then simply press stumble. It is that simple. My favorite recent finds have been craft websites...yummy recipes...funny videos....card tricks...and this website called jukesy.com. It is like youtube and pandora on steroids. It is going to be great in helping me get ready for Warped Tour in August!!



I have been workin hard in my parent's front yard this past month by weeding and today we hauled a couple of tons of dirt and ask me if the trailer is at the sod place as I type...YUP!! Ladies and gentlemen, The Tribe is FINALLY getting grass in our front yard!! I am completely stoked and can't wait for all of our hard work to pay off.

The next project I'm gonna take on is the front room and the kitchen...wish me luck cuz I'm gonna need it. The hardest part about all of it is making the decisions....I can do all of the other stuff just fine...but making decisions is the worst!! I'm just going to take one step at a time....so stay tuned for picture updates :)


Now back to my fun filled vacation! I loaded up my car because my mom's car had traumas the night we were scheduled to leave...come to find out the rear bearing was broken and we could have died!! Luckily daddio was lookin out for us and we were kept safe. I volunteered to take my car so we could get goin....have I ever mentioned that I am horrible at being patient? Well, I am. I hopped in the car with Mom, Daez, and Akaydeh. We had fun stopping in Provo to see dad and go dress shopping for the big wedding. We then headed up to the big I-D. We arrived just in time for the kick off party of the Judy Reunion. We watched a great video made my Taletha. I love my family so much and had a great time getting caught up with everyone.



There was a whole bunch of things going on throughout the weekend including talking with every cousin on the Judy side, family fun volleyball, service yard sale, getting my hair and nails done by the amazingly talented Bethia and her creative and spunky daughter Brittany, more talking with cousins, eating, holding babies, more talking, laughing, and a wedding! One of my closest cousins got married in the Rexburg Temple on Saturday. Tyler married Chyanne and it was so great seeing them in pure happiness. I also got to meet Mitch's finace Emily and Beth's fiance Derek. (They all passed the Kaitlin test btw.) I am so happy for all of them and I can't wait to got back up for their double wedding in July! We also stopped by Jeep's grandparents house. They are so cute!! They are so hospitable and loving! I am definitely putting them on my list of visiting peeps when I move up to Logan.





We decided to extend our vacation until Monday because I didn't have to work until today and neither did mom. So we took our time and said good bye to everyone....it was nice being the last ones to leave. I drove the whole way home and my car got great mileage!! We made a stop at the Swallow's new house in Tremonton and at my new favorite store IKEA....it is simply amazing and got me excited to redecorate and sech. We made it back to M-town just in time for MahLee and Daezia's softball game. I appreciate all of the people that put on the City Recreation....I am excited to see how these kids do in the future thanks in large part to them.

After the game Dad, Nish, Daezia and I went to run....there is something about running in the dark at the track that calms me. It reminds me of my childhood and for that short amount of time I go numb and all I think about is running. It clears out my stress, my fears, my uncertainty, and so much more. I felt great and ran for six miles. It was pretty much amazing.

So that is what has been happening in my life lately. I keep it simple and real. Til next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment