Hola! It feels like forever and a day since I have blogged...oh wait...it has been forever! I apologize to all of my devoted followers, aka Nisha Spauldling ;) But don't you fret, I am here back at work and ready to catch up everyone on my krazy life. So kick up your feet, grab a drink, and enjoy as I take you on an adventure, also known as K8's Krazy Life :)
As you can probably already guess, I survived Spring 2011. At the beginning of the semester it was lookin unpromising and I stressed myself sick....but I just took one step at a time and finished the semester with style. I got all A's except for dumb chemistry, but hey at least I passed it on my first try! Kiana and I moved safely back to Milford, boy does she know how to pack a car, complete with Betty ridin' on top! We had a blast staying at Jessika's house...well they had a blast, I was pretty much a zombie because of my work schedule. But nonetheless, we had a great time and I am so grateful for Jessika and her hospitality.
May came just about as fast as it went! I filled up my time with track practice and meets, babysitting, and more babysitting the cutest kids EVER, watching a new favorite series, ABC family style. It is called Wildfire. Nish got me hooked on it, but it didn't take much. I absolutely LOVE horses and there are cute guys on it....so what's not to like?! I also helped out at the high school by being a substitute and a supervisor for M-Day. I was devastated when I got word that the seniors would be repainting the M on the water tower. I have been so proud of my class' design since we redesigned it back in '08. But fate played a hand in our game that day....it rained on and off so they weren't able to paint it after all. So our artwork remains on the M!!
Track was fun as usual. I just hate when people think they know more about the sport then our coaching staff. It bugs me to no end!! But it happens in every sport, so I just have to rise above and focus on the reason why we coach, we are there for the kids. Every year we have a team dinner either before the Region 20 Meet or before State and we try to get a motivational speaker to come inspire the kids to do their best. My dad had a mishap so I was elected to give a speech. I found some great quotes that I thought might help inspire them.
"A coach is someone who tells you what you don't want to hear, who has you see what you don't want to see, so you can be who you have always known you could be."
"I tell our runners to divide the race into thirds. Run the first part with your head, the middle part with your personality, and the last part with your heart."
Growing up I have always had a desire to be a coach. My dad has allowed me to pursue this dream. Whenever I think of the coaches I've had throughout my life I can't help but feel ever so grateful for each one of them. I would not be the person I am today without each coach that I've had. With my dad, sister, and brother in law being coaches, I have seen the countless hours they ponder, strategize, and contemplate about each and every athlete they have. I see the compassion they have for each one of them and it has instilled in me a desire to want to help athletes become the best the can be, just like all of my coaches did for me. Calling someone Coach is a very proper way to address someone, in my opinion. I hope to become at least half the coach my dad is, if I can do that I will feel accomplished. I want to be able to walk down the street years and years from now and have one of my former athletes greet me with the the title Coach and know that I had a little part in inspiring them for the good at one point in their life. So on that note, I will tell you of my future plans...
Remember how I said that I was going to Utah State in the fall? Well, that isn't going to happen. Because of hearing the news about officially cutting my program at SUU at the end of March, I was late applying to USU, which caused me to be accepted later than most, which then put me even farther back in registering. So by the time I went to register for all of the classes I needed to take, they were full the max. So my hopes and dreams of becoming an Aggie were rushed to an abrupt halt. I went through weeks of trying to figure out what I was going to do with my life and it stressed me out to the max. Then one day I just made a decision. I am going to wait until the spring to become an official Aggie, that way I can apply for scholarships and get into the classes I need. I will have about four semesters there and then graduate I hope....so that is comforting! I just didn't see the point in moving to Logan in August and then stressing over trying to find a job when I wasn't going to be taking any classes. So I am going to live at the Tribal Headquarters and help my dad coach cross country. I will also help at the school by making bank as a substitute teacher.
Once I finally made a decision all of my anxiety and stress went away. I finally am excited to live my life! I don't know what it is about school and such, but it stressed me out way bad....so it will be nice to just work, save money, and help my parents out. If you want to judge me for "staying in Milford" or "taking a break from school" cuz I can't hack it, go ahead...I LOVE IT THERE and the spring will come soon enough. For right now I am just going to live my life for me and I am okay with that.
But summer has finally arrived and I couldn't be more excited...to soak up the sun, but not too much cuz I don't want to get skin cancer (trust me, I'm serious....if you want more deets shoot me a text or give me a call) I also am helping my parents by landscaping the front yard....about time right?? ha I also am going to redecorate some rooms. I will be working at the college and perhaps the hardware store :) I also have a brazilian weddings to go to this summer including Koda and Mandi's!! I also am taking a few institute classes in Cedar....today I went for the first time and had two amazing lessons, thanks to Brother Rau and Brother Staples...I sure love the gospel!
Anywho....that is about all I have to say to catch up on my life...I have started to crochet again...just sayin...and yeah life is great!! Til next time...keep it real. Oh and I got to catch a basketball game in The Centrum today before my shift started...could life get any better???
As you can probably already guess, I survived Spring 2011. At the beginning of the semester it was lookin unpromising and I stressed myself sick....but I just took one step at a time and finished the semester with style. I got all A's except for dumb chemistry, but hey at least I passed it on my first try! Kiana and I moved safely back to Milford, boy does she know how to pack a car, complete with Betty ridin' on top! We had a blast staying at Jessika's house...well they had a blast, I was pretty much a zombie because of my work schedule. But nonetheless, we had a great time and I am so grateful for Jessika and her hospitality.
May came just about as fast as it went! I filled up my time with track practice and meets, babysitting, and more babysitting the cutest kids EVER, watching a new favorite series, ABC family style. It is called Wildfire. Nish got me hooked on it, but it didn't take much. I absolutely LOVE horses and there are cute guys on it....so what's not to like?! I also helped out at the high school by being a substitute and a supervisor for M-Day. I was devastated when I got word that the seniors would be repainting the M on the water tower. I have been so proud of my class' design since we redesigned it back in '08. But fate played a hand in our game that day....it rained on and off so they weren't able to paint it after all. So our artwork remains on the M!!
Track was fun as usual. I just hate when people think they know more about the sport then our coaching staff. It bugs me to no end!! But it happens in every sport, so I just have to rise above and focus on the reason why we coach, we are there for the kids. Every year we have a team dinner either before the Region 20 Meet or before State and we try to get a motivational speaker to come inspire the kids to do their best. My dad had a mishap so I was elected to give a speech. I found some great quotes that I thought might help inspire them.
"A coach is someone who tells you what you don't want to hear, who has you see what you don't want to see, so you can be who you have always known you could be."
"I tell our runners to divide the race into thirds. Run the first part with your head, the middle part with your personality, and the last part with your heart."
Growing up I have always had a desire to be a coach. My dad has allowed me to pursue this dream. Whenever I think of the coaches I've had throughout my life I can't help but feel ever so grateful for each one of them. I would not be the person I am today without each coach that I've had. With my dad, sister, and brother in law being coaches, I have seen the countless hours they ponder, strategize, and contemplate about each and every athlete they have. I see the compassion they have for each one of them and it has instilled in me a desire to want to help athletes become the best the can be, just like all of my coaches did for me. Calling someone Coach is a very proper way to address someone, in my opinion. I hope to become at least half the coach my dad is, if I can do that I will feel accomplished. I want to be able to walk down the street years and years from now and have one of my former athletes greet me with the the title Coach and know that I had a little part in inspiring them for the good at one point in their life. So on that note, I will tell you of my future plans...
Remember how I said that I was going to Utah State in the fall? Well, that isn't going to happen. Because of hearing the news about officially cutting my program at SUU at the end of March, I was late applying to USU, which caused me to be accepted later than most, which then put me even farther back in registering. So by the time I went to register for all of the classes I needed to take, they were full the max. So my hopes and dreams of becoming an Aggie were rushed to an abrupt halt. I went through weeks of trying to figure out what I was going to do with my life and it stressed me out to the max. Then one day I just made a decision. I am going to wait until the spring to become an official Aggie, that way I can apply for scholarships and get into the classes I need. I will have about four semesters there and then graduate I hope....so that is comforting! I just didn't see the point in moving to Logan in August and then stressing over trying to find a job when I wasn't going to be taking any classes. So I am going to live at the Tribal Headquarters and help my dad coach cross country. I will also help at the school by making bank as a substitute teacher.
Once I finally made a decision all of my anxiety and stress went away. I finally am excited to live my life! I don't know what it is about school and such, but it stressed me out way bad....so it will be nice to just work, save money, and help my parents out. If you want to judge me for "staying in Milford" or "taking a break from school" cuz I can't hack it, go ahead...I LOVE IT THERE and the spring will come soon enough. For right now I am just going to live my life for me and I am okay with that.
But summer has finally arrived and I couldn't be more excited...to soak up the sun, but not too much cuz I don't want to get skin cancer (trust me, I'm serious....if you want more deets shoot me a text or give me a call) I also am helping my parents by landscaping the front yard....about time right?? ha I also am going to redecorate some rooms. I will be working at the college and perhaps the hardware store :) I also have a brazilian weddings to go to this summer including Koda and Mandi's!! I also am taking a few institute classes in Cedar....today I went for the first time and had two amazing lessons, thanks to Brother Rau and Brother Staples...I sure love the gospel!
Anywho....that is about all I have to say to catch up on my life...I have started to crochet again...just sayin...and yeah life is great!! Til next time...keep it real. Oh and I got to catch a basketball game in The Centrum today before my shift started...could life get any better???
Kait - as always, I just love you so much. I'm so proud of you for praying and making some huge decisions in your life. I am a fan of you waiting until the Spring, but that's just me. You have to do what you have to do. Also, the mother of the most adorable kids thanks you so much for your help and assistance!
ReplyDelete