Tuesday, April 26, 2011

FiNaLs WeEk....WhAt??? Already??

Things are winding down here for most of the Cedar City population....except for me! With finals week approaching, my night life begins. For those that don't know, the ELC that I work in, stays open 24/7 during the week before finals week and then through finals. It is a crazy time to work, but I love it! It gives me time to finish up all of my projects and to study. I really have it made here as a lab tech because I can work and work and work on my homework (if there aren't too many student questions), then once my shift is done I can play all I want! I really am going to miss this job so much when I head up to Logan.

Kiana and I have started packing up our things so we can move out this weekend, rather than paying for an additional week when we don't really have the need. We are going to have a week long sleep over with our pal Jessika next week while we go through finals.

I just finished my last quiz for chemistry!!! I am totally stoked to be done with that class soon! All I have left is the final....prayers are much appreciated ;) Chemistry is NOT my thing, but I have to take it for a pre-req for the FACS Ed program. Lame I know.

As for the rest of my classes, culinary arts came to a close today. We had our last lecture today after our weekly quiz. Cindy did a lecture on preparedness. It really got me thinking about food storage, emergency kits, etc. I really want to be better at this and take initiative. Kiana always talks about getting things started but I just brush her off and don't worry about it. But with all of the disasters happening I really need to get my behind in gear and get prepare. Anywho, after our lecture where she gave us a parting gift, I got a fridge thermometer. Awesome huh?

I then went to my last culinary arts lab and it was a bitter sweet moment. I never thought this day would come, to be done with those labs. My partner David Whitmore and I worked hard and efficiently. We were the first done with our cleaning, so I went over and helped a fellow classmate. But once I walked out that door I felt a great feeling of accomplishment and relief.I learned a lot don't get me wrong, but I have been so ready to be done with that class. I walked to my car with THE biggest smile on my face after being dismissed. Success.

For nutrition I only have one more lecture and then the final.....I'm not stressing over this one because I get the material and I know I will do great if I study. So that's what I'll be doing all this week. Matt has been a great teacher. I have enjoyed taking this class from him. It has been much more enjoyable than the last class I took from him my freshman year. I'm a little more mature and a little more focused, so things have been going smoothly in his class. I have a better attitude this time around and he makes each and every class entertaining. We start out with a video clip from youtube or something that has nothing to do with nutrition. It just brings a smile to our faces bright and early Tuesday and Thursday mornings. I have to admit that I almost switched my major to nutrition because of Matt and his enthusiasm for it.

My marriage class is almost done as well. I am finishing up some studying for the last exam. I luckily was NOT a procrastinator and wrote all of my required papers well before the due dates, so I only have one thing left. Go me! There's a first time for everything!

And last, but certainly not least, my child guidance class. I have one more lecture and then a final, which is going to be cake because it isn't comprehensive, AND we get to use our notes. I already wrote all of my journals that account for 28 hours in the preschool and I wrote my three page philosophy paper. I love when I get things done and don't procrastinate! Karen Houser is an AMAZING teacher. I have learned so much from her this semester. I also award her THE best dressed at SUU. I haven't seen her wear anything twice....pointed out to me by Kiana. I made a mental note each day to see if I had seen any part of her outfit before. The only thing I found that she wore more than once, was her wedding ring...which she wore everyday. And she is so trendy it amazes me....when I get older I want to be like her :) great teacher, great wardrobe.

So that's my life in a nutshell. Seeing how my lab got out early I get to party it up on this Tuesday night! I'm gonna go wake up Kiana from a nap, watch some Glee, hit up Taco Tuesday with my peeps, pack, and just enjoy my amazing life :)

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I love hearing about all your classes. SUU is definitely gonna miss out on a GREAT student! Also, I'm so proud of you and your non-procrastinating ways. Where did you learn such skills? Not from me :) Plus, Glee was the best we've seen in a while! Thanks for your positive spin on life! I just love you so much!

    ReplyDelete