Wednesday, June 29, 2011

wOrK wOrK wOrK :) I.love.my.job.

Well folks it is almost July and I can't believe it. I got to work this morning and still have a few more hours to go and that is just fine. I absolutely love my job here and am so grateful for Todd and Christie for referring me to this job three years ago. It has been pretty much amazing.

A lot has happened since I last posted, even though it has only been a couple of days, they have been jam packed with awesomeness. I participated in a great cause, Relay For Life. It is very dear to my heart ever since we went through Tay's experience. Last year was our first time participating and I remember thinking to myself whenever I thought I walked too much or ran a little too far and grew weary, I thought of Tay. I thought of how strong she was through it all. With every step I took I dedicated it to her and her fight with cancer. (I really hate that word fyi) As I watched my cute little niece participate in the event this year, she still showed her strength. She laced up her running shoes, sported some Zac Effron shorts, and her tad bit over sized purple survivor t-shirt, and went to it. She amazed us all by going a little over 9 miles! I would be jogging along and look over and see her flying right by me leaving me in the dust. (She has great running form btw) She just kept going around and around the track running free. If you ask her about her cancer experience she will tell you her story in a matter of fact tone and all you can do is smile, cry, and listen to her words of wisdom. I sure do love my Tayleah Reese!

Anywho, I got the sod laid in my parent's front yard! I forgot my camera so I'll have to upload pictures next week of our handiwork. I also took on the living room redecorating task. Man it is a laboring process! I am trying my hardest to get it all put together before the wedding...ha...that is on Saturday, wish me luck!

Oh and just as a side note, I've decided to become a certified official for Utah High School Athletic Association! ha I'm pretty excited about it....well I'm excited for the money and for the opportunity to be in the gym :) So if I come ref in your town, please....be gentle. I signed up for Volleyball and Basketball, whoop whoop. So I have that goin' for me, which is nice.

I also started back up at the Hardware Store in Milford. I am working hard to remember everything that goes on in that place, but it is taking longer than anticipated. Maybe one day I'll be able to help at least one person that walks through the door and send them to the right aisle. ha...we all can dream right?

Oh and I have to give a shout out to one of my most favorite gals....Ashley HN! She came by the ELC earlier today and totally made my day! It is crazy how after a long amount of time of not seeing each other we can still sit and chat for hours. It is so awesome! I sure do love her!! I think we need to have a roommate reunion soon....just sayin.

OH MY!! I completely forgot! Ask me if I FINALLY watched Never Say Never...YUP!! It was all I ever hoped it would be and so much more. I came down with the sickness yet again...well I guess it never really left thanks to my CD purchases...I've got Beiber Fever! The doctors agree... It really was a great movie and I loved every minute of it. Now I'm on this acoustic kick and absolutely love it. JB did a couple of Usher and JT songs acoustically ....man do I love those Justins and Usher...mmmmmm

Anywho....I am really excited for this weekend because I get to see family :) But I'm also stoked to get a new sister!!! There's already six of us, why not add another one?! Mandi is so great and completes Koda so life is wonderful. I am so happy for them!! She asked me to be a bridesmaid and I was honored :) So yeah, this week is going to be great. I also found some recipes I'm going to try out on the fourth!! HOLLA! Thank you stumbleupon :) You seriously need to check it out if you haven't yet. It will change your life.

And remember, there's no charge for awesomeness.

1 comment:

  1. Kait - I love you so much. Thanks for all your help with mom's house. We all needed a little nudge. And the weekend was great!
    P.S. Thanks for your words about Tay! I agree that she's awesome!

    ReplyDelete