Friday, June 15, 2012

Cache Valley

Today is June 15th, and it marks the day before Warped Tour 2012. As I sit here on our couch listening to one of my most favorite sounds, Dallon playing the guitar, I can't help but to think of my life before I even knew what Warped Tour was. It was about three years ago, I was a freshman at SUU, and I was introduced to Dallon Wayne Durfey. Since that day, my life has changed in so many ways. I look down at my wedding ring and am reminded of just how lucky I am to have Dallon in my life. (We got it cleaned today, so it is looking extra fancy.)

Tomorrow marks a special event in our relationship, a time where we get to enjoy the wonderful world of music. This week I have thought a lot about my first experiences of Warped Tour. I got to see Dallon rock out to some of his most favorite bands, meet talented musicians, get a tan, and have a ton of fun rocking out myself to the few songs I knew. Since that time I went back once with Dalaki, and tomorrow I get to experience it once again. This time with Dallon, Daezia, and Dalaki! We are so excited for this years line up, but even more excited to just hang out with each other. I know its going to be a blast.

Other than Warped Tour, Dallon and I have been keeping busy by exploring Cache Valley. Here's a list of our findings.
The Willow Park Zoo is pretty legitimate.
The so called Logan Mini Golf is not open, despite what the open poster says.
Logan Lanes is way chill. We went bowling and Dallon schooled me in pool.
We found out running errands takes longer than just an hour because everything in our lives is an ordeal.
Road construction ruins our lives, especially when it comes to freeway on and off ramps.
Pink power bait DOES not work, nor does trying to copy the bait used by the guy next to us reelin' in the fish.
Yellow jackets kindly greet us every time we walk out of our apartment or out of our car.
The steamer we got at Royal's was THE best idea to starting a healthier life.
We quote Kam ALL the time, when we don't wike things, or denying that we did something, or if something is nummy.
Having our own washer and dryer is THE best thing ever.
Wednesday night at Applebees proves to have its rewards. (DOUBLE BINGO and BLACKOUT=Sudoku book, led flashlight, and bottle caps.)
I love being in the middle of a phone conversation between Kiana, Nish, and Jeep, especially when it gets interrupted by a riding lawn mower being pulled by a motorcycle. ;)
There comes a time when we watch all of the episodes of Lie to me. :(
But it's a good thing we still have How I Met Your Mother episodes.
Our new favorite dish, squash shrimp.
Fred Meyer is conveniently located inside Smith's Marketplace.
And lastly, we love having things within walking distance, especially a temple! :)

2 comments:

  1. "Kam, you spilled."
    "No, I didn't."
    Ha ha ha! I just loved your post! I think it helps me miss you less, but I still miss you! It was so great to see you this week, and I can't wait for our next meeting. Please keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot stop laughing at this whole entire post!

    ReplyDelete