Everyone has those moments in life that one strives for, the moment where you know what you did was the right thing to do and that it made someone proud. That moment when all of your hard work actually paid off. That moment when you feel success, love, appreciation, all wrapped up into one feeling. For me, this moment comes when I receive a hug from my father. It is these moments in my life that I feel complete happiness. Happiness that I can cherish for the rest of my life.
Throughout my life I have had the opportunity to be brought up by goodly parents. They fed me, clothed me, put a roof over my head, and yet they did so much more for me than any words could express on this blog. They taught me how to work hard to achieve my goals and they taught me how to love unconditionally.
As Father's Day came around this year I thought a lot about my relationship with my father, The Chief. I thought about the love and devotion he has instilled in me. All throughout my childhood I worked my little heart out to receive his approval, which would usually come about through a hug. I always wanted my dad to be proud of me and the things that I accomplished. At times it seemed like I could never measure up, and just when I was about to give up, there he was....ready to embrace me and show his love and approval. Now don't get the wrong idea here, I knew I could always get a hug out of the ole teddy bear....but it was those defining moment hugs that I strived for.
The hug that came when I got baptized.
The hug I got when I finished my last race as a jv runner, undefeated for two years in cross country.
The hug I got when I received my Patriarchal Blessing.
The hug I got when I earned my Personal Progress Medallion.
The hug I got when I won my first varsity cross country race on the Mt. Carmel Golf Course.
The hug I got when we took state in cross country.
The hug I got when I graduated from Milford High School.
The hug I got when I received The Chief Manuelito Scholarship.
The hug I got when I moved into my first college home.
The hug I got when I got accepted to Utah State.
The hug I got after Dallon asked for my hand in marriage.
All of these hugs led up to my most cherished hugs of all time....well so far. The hug I got in the temple, first when I received my endowments, and then when I was married for time and all eternity to my sweetheart. These hugs led up to the hug I received after being sealed for time and all eternity to my family. There's just something about a father's hug that is unexplainable. It is especially wonderful when it takes place in the temple. Something I have dreamt about since I was just a little girl. All of my dreams have come true in a short amount of time and I am so grateful. I am so grateful for each and every hug I received, because without them, I don't know where I would be. So here's to my dad, Donald Jim Livingston, he's THE best. I couldn't have asked for a better father.
Cough **Suck up**
ReplyDeleteThis was sweet and tender. He is the best chief in all the land.
Awwww it made me cry! You guys are amazing! I love you!
ReplyDeleteLOVE.this.post. Totally gave me chills. You rock...and so does your dad!
ReplyDeleteCold chills and I may have teared up a little. Thanks for sharing this. Miss and love you lots!
ReplyDelete