Wednesday, June 6, 2012

SUMMER 2012

This summer has been so great so far! Dallon and I have been enjoying our summer break after great spring performances at our respected universities. Once school was out, Dallon got his tonsils out. He was a trooper throughout the whole ordeal. He went into surgery on Tuesday and gave the nurses quite a show with his coming out of anesthesia kick. With funny sayings like how he was going to blackmail me when I get my tonsils out. Once I told him mine were already out, he didn't skip a beat when he told me he would find something to take out.

While he was recovering, we had to get all packed up for our move to Logan. Luckily we had Koda, Mandi, and Shawn come help. As well as Mike and Sharon. I couldn't have done it without them....packing up and taking care of the recovering Dallon.

We then headed to Milford so I could play in the alumni volleyball tournament that Nisha is in charge of. Our team consisted of Nisha, Kiana, Daezia, Sydney, Shyeanne, and Megan. We had a lot of fun. I look forward to this tournament all year.

After that got over, Dallon and I got addicted to a show called Lie to Me. However, lately I made the rule that we couldn't watch it right before bedtime because I always ended up having crazy dreams about being a detective at a crime scene. Yes, I am a child. Dallon and I are also now professionals at telling when people lie, so don't even try lying to us.

On Memorial Day we made a trip to the Milford Cemetery with our family from Cedar. It made me grateful for those that have gone on before us, but it also  made me miss them like crazy. It's a good thing we have the plan of salvation, or else I don't know if I would've been able to handle any of their passings.

We then packed up and headed north to Logan where we moved into our next apartment as a married couple. The next day my Dad, Nish, MahLee, and Trexton came to bring us the rest of our stuff. It made me feel so blessed to have them in my life and to know that they would do anything to help us in any way possible. Teresa also came to help get moved in, bless her heart!

We spent the next week living it up in Cache Valley. Dallon took me ice skating for my first time ever. It was so much fun! We also spent the whole time on our feet, neither one of us fell once. So many people told me I would fall the first time.......well I didn't. We also found two beautiful reservoirs that we tried our hand at fishing, as well as swimming.

In between these visits Dallon got a job at West Liberty Foods! He doesn't have to start until the 18th, so we decided to take another vacation to Wayne, to be there when Shanda had her baby. On Sunday morning around 2:45 am we became an aunt and uncle again! Luxi Arlee Brown was born at 6 lbs 6 oz and 19.75" long.  She is such a beautiful little girl! So perfect and so lovable. We've spent the week chillin in Wayne County visiting family, friends, going to the movies, fishing, watching Lie to Me, and reading The Mockingjay.

In a couple of hours we are going to travel to Milford to make preparations for the big events taking place on Friday. On June 8, 2012 at the St. George Temple, we are going to make operation Eternal Livingston Family become a reality!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know we were a covert operation! But glad you are having a kickin' summer. And now I am going to lie to you all the time to see if you can catch me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah pretty sure that last paragraph gave me chills! Love it! And Kiana... your comment made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete