Friday, November 12, 2010

Trexton Jeep Spaulding


These past couple of days I have been able to spend some quality time with my adorable nephew Trexton Jeep Spaulding. He is such a flippin cutie! Kiana, Dalaki, and I have had a blast spoiling him. We have a great time watching movies, making and eating treats, playing at the McDonald's play place, taking naps, going to a volleyball game, and our favorite-running on the "huge track" in the PE building. (It's actually a rather small track, but it is three stories in the air, above the basketball courts, so Trex calls it the huge track.)


Yesterday when we laid down to watch The Lion King, Trex's eyes grew droopy and I knew he was ready for a nap. I said, "I love you Trex." He responded, "I love you Kait." It made my heart smile. Then I asked, "Trex, are you sleepy tired?" He slowly nodded and then closed his eyes. I sat there holding this angel while he slept. I gave him a kiss on the forehead and thanked my father in heaven for blessing me with such great nieces and nephews.


I tried to picture the future...of me holding my own child and tears filled my eyes. When people ask why I'm not married yet, I usually give the response, "I'm no where near mature enough for that stuff!" And it is the truth! Don't get me wrong, someday, down the road...a long ways down the road, I'll be a wife and mother, but that time will come soon enough. So, until then I will thoroughly enjoy my time as an aunt. Thanks Nish and Jeep for having such great kids!


1 comment:

  1. You're more than welcome, Kait. I miss the little guy, but he has to know how loved he is while visiting the college kids. I'm just so thankful for all my kids, siblings, parents, etc - who make my life not only worth living but possible to live. I wouldn't survive without you guys. I love you so so much!

    ReplyDelete