Monday, June 9, 2014

DECEMBER 2013

Our finals were gruesome to say the least. Dallon was busy as usual, studying for math and his other intense finals. I was busy finishing up project after project for my classes. I felt a huge sigh of relief as I was able to complete the last of my 'formal' classes before I start student teaching in January. The most difficult item I had on my plate was an intense sewing project, a business jacket made out of wool, 98% of it being hand-sewn. I have never been much of a sewing person, but after advanced sewing, I feel like I can hand sew anything (not that I would want to). It feels like the light at the end of the tunnel is finally obtainable. For my student teaching, I was placed at Spring Creek Middle School, located in Providence.
 
Once finals were over, Dallon and I were lucky enough to arrange our schedules so that we could visit both families during the holiday break. We started out the Christmas holiday in Wayne where Santa came to visit Maddi and Luxi. They were so adorable as Santa explained how they should be good all year, not just on Christmas. Luxi didn't quite know what to think for awhile and just stared. She finally got enough courage to sit on Sharon's lap by Santa.
 
Michael and Sharon got the girls matching snow suits; which were absolutely adorable! They immediately tried them on and posed for some pictures. Luxi also had fun teasing all of the adults by putting out here hands like she wanted someone to hold her. Right when someone would reach out to get her she would turn away and laugh. She is one crazy girl, but we sure love her and Maddi.
 
 
Christmas in Milford started out just like any other. We watched our cute nieces and nephews open up a few of their presents at the Spaulding Residence. Here are a few snap shots of the fun filled morning.
 


We then headed down to Tribal Headquarters to open more presents. Kam LOVED his bat cave and constantly asked Dallon to 'pway wif him' and his bat cave. Tay got a jewelry making kit and made me an awesome necklace. She also loved playing with the Lincoln Logs they got from my mom and dad. Trex was sportin his new ninja turtle beanie and Kin loved her bandalooms!

The highlight of my Christmas was when I opened my present from Dallon. He got me a cotton candy maker!! I could barely contain my excitement and made a batch as soon as I could. Dallon could not contain his excitement also when he opened up his Monopoly game (the electronic version, complete with debit cards).

Overall, Christmas was a wonderful day. Not only were we fortunate enough to receive gifts, but we were able to give gifts as well. Dallon and I would much rather give gifts to others because there are so many people who do so much for us. We try our best to remember what Christmas is all about; our Savior Jesus Christ, the reason for the season.


During the break, we had the opportunity to catch one of MahLee's basketball games. Kam chatted Dallon's ear off as we watched the intense game. We also played Monopoly, which Dallon and I won! (Thanks in large part to Daezia, for making some sweet deals).


No comments:

Post a Comment