Tuesday, June 3, 2014

JULY 2013

Having married Dallon, a former employee of the beautiful Capitol Reef National Park, I get the opportunity to see incredible sights and learn about this amazing park. On our trip down to Wayne for the Fourth of July, we decided to make the short hike up to Cassidy Arch. We made sure that started early in the day so we didn't bake like toasted cheesers. 
 
 

Dallon is wealth of knowledge when it comes to the park because he grew up right next to it and then worked there for a number of years. Michael Scott also knows pretty much everything about the mountains/landscapes in Wayne County. So between the two, I get to hear a ton of stories about the park's history. I love to hear not only about the history of the park and surrounding areas, but also about their hiking/camping stories in said areas as well.


The Fourth of July is probably our favorite holiday and we had a great time celebrating our nation's independence Wayne County Style. Here's our top ten list of why it's our favorite holiday:

1.We love to celebrate our freedom.
2.We love summer.
3. We love parades.
4. We love cotton candy (me more than Dallon, it's my kryptonite).
5. We love barbecues.
6. We love fireworks.
7. We love family time.
8. We love 'Merica'
9. We love traditions.
10. We love cotton candy (yes, I know I already said it, but it's so nice you gotta say it twice).


This year our cute niece Maddix decided to participate in the WC  Fourth of July Talent Show. She sang a Taylor Swift song and did an outstanding job! As you can see, she was the smallest girl, but what she lacked for in size she made up for in talent. We were amazed by her courage to stand up in front of all those people and sing by herself! She rocked it to say the least.

While we were visiting in Wayne, we got to spend the day at Fishlake! I've always wanted to go fishing there on a boat! I remember back in the day when we would load up in the Astro Van and run in the annual Fishlake races. I started out running the kiddie race around the trailer park, then graduated to the 3 mile road race a few years later. Whenever we would run these races, I would look out at the beautiful lake and see a ton of boats, hoping that someday I could go fishing/boating there. Who would've thought that I would end up marrying a guy who practically grew up living at Fishlake?

Anyways, it was a beautiful day full of fishing, (Maddix won the battle of catching the most-probably around 40-50 perch catch and release style), sun bathing, deer sightings, chatting, and laughing. We had a great time with Shanda, Darci, Kelton, and Maddix.


No comments:

Post a Comment